Happy New Year guys! I know, I know, thank god I’m not dead right?! I just took a much needed break from the blog world over the holidays. Sadly it was not a ‘sit on the beach drinking girly pink alcoholic cocktails served by a sexy islander in a speedo’ kind of break, but it was needed none the less. Instead, I spent the month of December traveling to China to oversee my new patio furniture prototypes, packing up my family and way too many boxes to count, and moving into our new townhouse. What a restful break, right?… Ugh.
Now that the new house is painted and floored and installed with cable and internet I am ready to kick off some projects. The best part?! Most of them are purely cosmetic, that is the advantage of a newer home: not a lot of money needed to spend on those pesky ‘hidden’ renovation projects.
But before I get into all that I have planned for 2014, I just want to celebrate everything that has happened over the past year. (side note – I don’t think we do that enough: applaud yourself for everything you do, big and small. Give yourself a pat on the back for bustin’ that ass.)
2013 was a huge year for me.
– I officially launched my own brand Samantha Pattillo, LLC
– I took a leap of faith with one of my best friends and started our own outdoor furniture company. We have had so much success in such a small amount of time that I will see 13 of my own designs grace the websites of Lowe’s, Sam’s Club, The Home Depot, and Costco this spring.
– Brian and I made the decision to set roots down in Atlanta and bought our second home. (If anyone is looking for a super adorable ranch home in Huntersville, NC to buy, let me know!)
– I started this here blog.
– I was featured on HGTV and the DIY Network!! (see the video here)
– I checked skydiving off of my bucket list. (it was awesome BTW)
– I was deemed a Creative Genius on the DIY Network’s blog Made+Remade.
– I got my workshop fully set up and ready to crank out some spectacular custom furniture.
– Traveled to China, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, and all over the US: Chicago, Lexington, Austin, Minneapolis, New York, Seattle, Detroit, Charlotte, LA, Bentonville, Portland, Birmingham, and New Orleans.
– Went to my first hockey game as an adult.
– Danced on a broadway stage. (and shmoozed with a Tony Award winner….)
– Gutted and designed my dream design studio for my company AE Outdoor.
– Saw Conan O’Brien live!!
– Saw a real life Whale Shark when I finally visited the GA Aquarium.
– I went rocking climbing for the first time (it was indoor, let’s not get ahead of ourselves) and got belay certified.
Don’t be afraid to get out there and conquer the world, just make sure to celebrate every milestone. A long list of small things looks more impressive than one big thing anyway. So here’s to it, goodbye 2013.
2014, brace yourself.